Today I cut out the face from mahogany. I am trying some inlay. So many possibilities!
Everything is going great! I have bent two bodies for guitar so far. I am trying different types of kerfing to see the benefits. Kerfing holds the thin sides stiff and provides a surface to glue top to. I have also glued blocks in both ends, one for joining to neck and one for strap button.
Now I am really having some fun. Tom Buchner gave me a proper electric steam bender, and with a little practice I am getting great results. I have made a mold that holds the side pieces after I form them and I have bent 2 sets and let them dry in form. Here is what it looks like!