Almost done! Adding thin layers of shellac.
I am still working on tail pieces. My guitar is a cross between a jazz style and acoustic. This weekend I will sand and start finish..
I have been jumping around the shop on different projects this week. The guitar is together but needs a tail piece to hold strings. I am working on designs.
Its been a busy week here in the shop. I have been side tracked by some job jobs. I made a jig to route groove for binding and glued binding to edges. I like hand cutting the neck joint. Its nerve wracking but fun.
I have been working on the neck and truss rod. I decided to make my own. The truss rod allows you to adjust the bend in the neck. Then I shaped the back of the neck. I use rasps and then sand.
Everything is moving along on the new guitar. Like all tasks in life it gets easier each guitar. Being a production woodworker/woodturner for 40 years has taught me to move efficiently from task to task. Building this guitar is making me slow down and really be present in the moment and not working with my mind already in the next step.
This guitar is really coming along!
Its been a fun week working on the new guitar. The rosette happened in stages. I made it one evening and when I got back to it the next day it seemed boring so I added a ring to spice it up. I made the mold a year ago so it was ready to go.
The shop is finally set up! I have started a new guitar. Here are some photos of the steps so far.
I have been working in the shop the past month on multiple projects. I made this tenor guitar and have been carving designs in it for a week. It has been great pandemic therapy!